Although writing from an American perspective, Al Mohler has an interesting account of the ten most newsworthy events in 2009. Find it here.
- The Inauguration of Barack Obama as President
- The Uprising in Iran
- The Travail of the Global Economy
- The Death of Michael Jackson and our Obsession with Celebrity
- The Rise of Twitter and the Growing Domination of Social Media
- The Battle over Health Care Reform
- The Leftward March of Liberal Protestantism
- The Climate Summit in Copenhagen
- The Swine Flu Epidemic
- The Spotlight on Private Scandals and Public Consequences
I’ve not yet worked out what I’d amend in that list if it were to have a more British flavour. I can barely remember what happened last week, let alone last year!